Sunday, January 6, 2019

Altered cardboard box - Mixed Media

Hello crafty friends,
I, being member of Design Team of SPLASHY MIX CHALLENGES group,  feeling very excited to share my first ever project as DT.
I really love to upcycle any article so since last few months I have started collecting all types of waste boxes, any metal objects, etc. For this challenge I thought why not to try hands on the packaging cardboard box and get it converted into beautiful mixed media box!!!




Below is the picture tutorial for the same...

  • First of all, I completely covered entire box with black Gesso ( as I preferred most in altered art) keeping inner side of box as it is because it was of yellow base and was looking perfect!!!

  • Then I covered the box base with different stencil using texture paste... and also I used the technique of dabbing by this spatula on layer of texture paste for covering rest of the part...

  • Then I assembled few embellishments on the box like wooden chippies, clay embellishments, digits, broken brushes... and completely coat it with black gesso!!
  • Then the most fun part comes i.e. playing with the colors. Here I started with few sprinkle mist and after drying I started doing metallic paints.

  • After my complete satisfaction I started gluing final embellishments like vellum flowers (made by me), pollens, deco stones, etc..



Hope I inspired you with this fabulous project for the ongoing challenge - Anything goes!!
Here is the link for the same:
Anything goes!!
 Thanks for stopping by...
I am adding this project for challenge:

9 comments:

  1. Amazing upcycled work.. Love the grungy look and textures in your project. Thanks for playing along 'Anything goes chippies'. Regrds, Jaishree, Prika DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way of celebrating new years ...just lovely...thank you for sharing it with our blog challenge anything goes chippies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work. Really nice use of the useless box....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! We would love to have one of your projects submitted for an upcoming issue of the magazine! Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
    Hugs & Craftiness,
    AngelaThrough The Craft Room Door DT
    Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    http://craftrmdoor.ning.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful box
    Thank you for joining us at Expressions craft blog challenge.
    VarshaDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful alter Sudha 🙂
    Thanks for participating in Expressions Craft challenge.

    Manasa Priya,
    DT, Expressions Craft ❤

    ReplyDelete